14 Reasons Why Residents Love Casa de las Campanas
Why Residents Love Casa de las Campanas?
Out of all the remarkable retirement communities in San Diego, California area, why do residents love Casa de las Campanas so much?
We’re glad you asked us — because we asked residents the same thing! And they were more than happy to tell us why they love living here. So using their responses, along with some of their actual quotes, we assembled 14 reasons they shared with us about why they love Casa de las Campanas.
Their reasons aren’t in any particular order, so if you see something that rises to the top of your list, let us know. We’d be happy to tell you more!
1. They love, love, love the location, location, location. People know in real estate the three most important things are location, location, location. Residents are thrilled with our spot, nestled between Lake Hodges and Rancho Bernardo Park with easy access to I-15. Multiple trailheads are just across the street, and shopping, restaurants, medical and hospital facilities are conveniently nearby, too.
“When you move into a new home, you’re always concerned about the neighborhood. You don’t have to be concerned about that here. You can automatically take it for granted that you’re going to be safe, comfortable and happy.”
2. Their community is resident-focused and resident-driven. More than 40 resident committees influence every aspect of Casa. Residents are encouraged to contribute their professional and personal skills, perspective and experience in many ways, all with the shared goal of making Casa an even better place to live and work.
3. Residence options fit their lifestyles. Casa de las Campanas boasts nine different independent living floor plans that offer a range of bedrooms, bathrooms and square footage. “The balconies are large enough that I have some nice planters, and I’ve learned to become a container gardener.” (Take a peek at our floor plans and try out our helpful floor plan fit calculator.)
4. Contract options fit their finances. Casa de las Campanas offers two different contract options to choose from: a standard contract or a return-of-capital contract. Both have their merits, and perhaps the biggest benefit of either option is you can choose the one that works best for you.
5. Much of the staff is long-tenured. “It’s impressive that many staff members in all departments have been with Casa de las Campanas almost since its opening.”
6. They appreciate having the full continuum of care on campus if they ever need it. Our continuing care retirement community, or CCRC, includes assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing for residents. Then, rehabilitation for residents and seniors in the surrounding area. “We tell the kids, ‘We’re taken care of. You live your lives.’”
7. Everyone on staff is here to help — even our website is helpful. If you’re just starting to investigate your senior living options, you can call or fill out the form on our site. No matter which way you reach out, our staff is on hand to answer your questions. You can also check out our resources page, packed with tools dedicated to helping you make the best decision for you or a loved one.
8. There are so many opportunities in the day, and only so many hours. Amenities, activities, classes, courses, programs, speaker series, wellness opportunities, a large pet-friendly campus perfect for long strolls — so much that as one resident succinctly put it, “The days are often just too short!”
9. Casa de las Campanas is a nonprofit community. The Casa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1995 to develop, administer and disburse philanthropic resources for the benefit of Casa residents. To date, it’s provided more than $8 million in funding to improve the Casa community. “Its status as a nonprofit has meant that contributions to the Casa Foundation have supported both staff scholarships and other programs that greatly increase the value of both living and working here.”
10. Who wouldn’t love our dining?! It almost goes without saying (but residents always say it): The dining experience at Casa de las Campanas is simply superb. Breakfast, lunch and dinner all prepared by trained chefs and a skilled culinary team. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Two dining rooms and a casual bistro. A registered dietitian who consults on all menu items to make sure all meals are nutritious. A resident food committee that’s regularly asked for input and feedback.
11. Eight dimensions of wellness, one healthy community. Of course, how each of the eight dimensions are put into practice is different for each resident. But the goal for all is to help our residents enjoy happier and healthier days, every day.
12. Services and amenities are abundant. The list of both is long, and so is residents’ appreciation for all the services and amenities available just outside their doors. “Instead of cooking, cleaning, making the bed, etc., I swim, do chair yoga, walk, sing, play games, read, socialize, attend plays, musical performances and other events, volunteer, and participate in committees. I actually have to make time to sleep!”
13. Residents feel safe in every way. It goes beyond security, even though security is always present and available on campus 24/7. Residents had lots to say about how safe they felt during the COVID-19 pandemic. “March 17, 2020, was a turning point in our way of living when Casa de las Campanas asked residents to stay in their apartments; however, immediately the staff had a plan to keep residents healthy, safe, well nourished, informed, and even more important … nurtured. Housekeeping was everywhere, setting the standards for keeping our environment as sanitary as possible.”
14. At Casa de las Campanas, we’re always on hand to help. You may have a question or concern. Or you may want to take a tour of our campus. Or you just want to stay up on the latest news about our senior living community.
And if you’d like to become a resident but you’re just not sure how to get started, we can help with that, too. “The most difficult part was to downsize. Casa helped us with that. They had people come over to our home, helped us pack up everything, and helped us move. The transition was very smooth and made simple by Casa.”
Make your own list of reasons to love Casa de las Campanas. To get started, contact us.